Home » Researched Critical Analysis

Researched Critical Analysis

In my Researched Critical Analysis Essay I had to make a proposal, drafts, and peer-reviews in order to make my essay the best it can be. I also made a Reflection/Self-assessment on my paper to comment on my experience writing this essay and discussing my rhetorical choices and this assignment’s relationship to the course learning outcomes.

This assignment asks to craft an argumentative essay in response to my selected essay topic question examining otherness in a text. Constructed in conjunction with the FIQWS topic course, my task is to critically examine my choice of text and create a cohesive and well-supported argument to persuade your audience that my thesis is valid and insightful. 

This assignment also requires deeper analysis and a concrete, specific thesis statement. This paper is an opportunity to be critical, ask questions, and make claims based on my own research and experience. This essay asks me to state an opinion or take a side on an issue and explain why, while including and responding to opposing viewpoints.

Researched Critical Analysis Proposals

I chose prompt number 1:

“Choose a particular media franchise or serial narrative (TV show, superhero, film series, etc.) that deals with identity issues and “otherness”. Critically analyze how the show has engaged with identity politics and how the public has responded to it. How has that response evolved? Analyze specific emotional or political themes in their response. Or, choose a particular media franchise or serial narrative (TV show, superhero, film series, etc.) and trace how it developed in dialogue with fans and with its reception in the culture at large. How have fan responses influenced the source material? Analyze specific emotional or political themes in this mutual development. You are allowed to interview a fan as one of your sources for this option.” Click on the link next to the paper plane icon to view my work.

Researched Critical Analysis Topic & Research proposal

Topic & Research Proposal

Researched Critical Analysis Rough Draft #1

RCA Rough Draft #1

Peer-Reviews #1

RCA Peer-Review from Takia Mohinuddin

RCA Peer-Review from Ying Xin Jiang

Researched Critical Analysis Rough Draft #2

RCA Rough Draft #2

Peer-Reviews #2

Peer-Review from Ying Xin Jiang

Peer-Review from Vaneeza Kauser

Researched Critical Analysis Essay Final

RCA Rough Final Draft

Researched Critical Analysis Reflection/Self-Assessment

RCA Reflection/Self-Assessment